A name card refers to a small card consisting of a person’s name and is usually designed artistically. It can be of several types like; a business card, graduation card or even a wedding card and serve purposes like individual marketing and even for unique identifications.
A name card is significant for diverse reasons. For instance, business cards can act as an effective marketing tool, and when shared with colleagues, it can be a pleasing promotional medium. They can also function as a guide to identify important individuals. A nice name card design also brings about a sense of feeling valued.
To come up with a stunning name card, some factors are considered. This includes;
- Facts or information to be delivered
One of the first considerations is what you want to communicate using the card. One’s name, logo or job title should be displayed. To avoid clutter, only necessary details should be included such as email address, phone number or website.
Size of the letters matters a lot since a small size can turn out to be illegible. The font should also be simple and professional, though larger fonts can hardly be missed. Complicated calligraphic fonts that are difficult to read should be avoided.
Bright colours if used correctly can bring out a card that looks distinctive and stands out. Whereas clashing colours may seem tacky and unprofessional on a card.
- Embossing words
Embossing or letter pressing boosts elegance to a card by creating an elevated 3D effect and makes the card more tactual.
One of the best ways of making a unique card is utilizing a die to cut out shapes from the centre or adjust the card’s shape which brings out an architectural design.
- Safe area
Important details should be kept at the centre to avoid being eliminated when printing.
- The thickness of a card is also considered since a thick card tends to feel much expensive while a thin one feels cheap and tacky.
- Pictures can also be added to a card to make it more visual.
- Instead of using the usual paper in making your card, you can try out other materials such as metals, wood, slate or transparent plastic.
- QR codes in business card economize on space and give a neat technique of containing lots of information without cluttering. They create a connection between online and printed content.
Making your unique name card brings about satisfaction since you express yourself in the card.