In these days of hyped up gasoline prices any aftermarket improvements to your car’s performance are certain to negatively impact’s your car’s fuel economy right? In a word: wrong. Depending on the aftermarket improvements made to your vehicle, your car should run more efficiently and save you fuel, not consume up additional resources. This is all the more true with a performance chip or power programmer installed in your vehicle. Please read on to learn how a chip or programmer can enhance your car’s performance.
Your car comes equipped with a special computer chip that controls your engine’s output, particularly in the area of fuel delivery. With a performance chip, your car realizes a much more efficient delivery of fuel to your engine at specified times in the course of driving. The result? Noticeable increases in horsepower as well as in torque. Replacement chips from Superchips and Jet Chips will also help your car run more efficiently, resulting in slight increases in fuel economy.
With a power programmer the same results are achieved as with a performance chip, but in a less invasive manner. With a performance chip you must remove and replace the original chip with the replacement chip which typically involves you removing your car’s dash to access the chip. With a power programmer, including those made by industry leader Hypertech, you simply plug the programmer into your under dash diagnosis plug, answer a series of Yes/No questions, and the programmer quickly and effortlessly recalibrates your engine. No tools are necessary to use a power programmer and you can return your car to its OEM power specifications at any time.
Prices for super chips and power programmers vary depending on the make and model of your car and of the product you purchase. Expect to a pay a premium for a chip or programmer ordered through an aftermarket parts store while saving plenty of money when shopping from a reliable online wholesaler such as Car Parts Stuff.
Chip Programmers are not made for every vehicle as they typically target those cars and trucks that have a performance edge too them. Some of the vehicles that can benefit from at least one of these products include:
- Cadillac CTS-V
- Chevy Camaro/Pontiac Firebird
- Chevy Corvette
- Ford Mustang
- Jeep Wrangler; Grand Cherokee
- Lincoln Town Car; Continental
- Almost all midsize and full size trucks from GM, Ford, and Chrysler
- Select vehicles from other manufacturers including the Toyota Celica, Porsche 911, and Nissan MaximaPlease visit the links within this article to find details about performance benefits for the particular make and model of your car.You can increase the performance of your car or pickup truck without pricey and time consuming aftermarket parts. A super Chip Programmerscan do wonders for your vehicle, making it a true modern day muscle car.