Frosted window film can be applied to windows at the office and the home but is not appropriate for car windows.The frosted film allows a substantial amount of sunlight to enter the room while reducing the visibility through the window. The passage of natural light gives the room a fresh and lively feel during the day. Frosting will usually be used for enforcing privacy in residential areas, offices and high security facilities. Frosting comes in a number of designs that you can choose from.
There are several advantages to having frosted windows.
- Privacy – Its also ideal where windows face an area of high people traffic or where the windows of two or more buildings, houses or rooms are too close to each other. With a frosting, you have assurance that a person passing by or someone in the next house cannot peep into your house. This best explains the widespread use of it for bathroom and dressing room windows whether at home or in the office.
- Improves the appearance of buildings – Frosted window film on a building’s windows can give it a completely different appearance. When fitted well, frosted windows have a sophisticated feel – and this is not limited to bathroom doors and windows. Nowadays, many offices are opting for frosted glass partitions instead of wood partitions due to the natural light it allows to pass through.
- No need for drapes or window blinds – With frosted glass, you do not need to buy any blinds or curtains. This also makes cleaning the window much easier since you do not need to remove any curtains or blinds prior to cleaning.
- Protection from the UV and solar heat – Window Film allows natural light into the room but filters out a good proportion of harmful ultraviolet solar rays. The reduction in solar energy entering through the windows means rooms with frosted window film experience less heat and can thus remain relatively cool when temperatures outside are high.
- Cost savings – The filtering of UV and solar heat by frosted window films reduces the amount of air conditioning required to regulate room temperature especially during the warmer months of the year. This means less electricity is needed which translates to lower power bills.
- Preserve items inside the building – Rooms with clear windows will see drapes, furniture, carpets and other items inside fade much faster than rooms fitted with frosted window film.
- Better employee management in office environments – Even though ideally every employee should proactively discharge their responsibilities, there will always be a few employees who might want to take advantage of not being physically visible to their supervisor. When required frosted film is also available in very light shades limiting visibility, but can provide some level of sight ensuring that managers in a different section of the office or cubicle are aware of their employees movements.
To obtain excellent results from Window Film, it takes an excellent product and excellent service.